Monday, July 11, 2011

Meme Monday!

Every week from now on I will be hosting "Meme Monday." Each month will be focused on a different meme, and every Monday I will put up pictures and some info about said meme.


Now, you may just be wondering: "What in the world is a meme?!" I will tell you. A meme (pronounced meem) is any characteristic of a culture that can be transmitted from one generation to the next in a way similar to the transmission of genetic information. In other words: it's a picture containing hilarious captions that gets passed around on the internet.



This month's meme is "They Told Me I Could Be Anything I Wanted" (sometimes known as "They Said I Could Be Anything"). TTMICBAIW (geez that's long, even for an acronym) is a parody of the PTSD Clarinet Boy*, a different meme based on a teenage boy's awkward high school photo. The phrase typically goes along the lines of, "They told me I could be anything I wanted, so I became X." Here is the original TTMICBAIW:






Well, that's all for now. See you next Monday! :D



*For more info on PTSD Clarinet Boy, click here: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ptsd-clarinet-boy

No comments:

Post a Comment