Sunday, July 10, 2011

I Still Enjoy Playing Dungeons And Dragons.

I still enjoy playing Dungeons and Dragons.
The first time I played, I was in high school. A friend of mine told me about this cool new game he played with his older brothers with maps and mazes on graph paper, multi-sided dice, monsters, mayhem, playbooks and monster figures. He brought his Players Handbook into school and, over lunch, we rolled up a few character sheets. A few campaigns later I knew I was hooked.
Unlike our Atari Video games, gaining popularity and market share at the time, D and D was enjoyed by a smallish subculture. We enjoyed being able to stretch our imaginations and have the fate of our characters and campaigns decided by the fickle roll of the dice.
Through the years it has been my privelege to play many D and D games with a great bunch of friends. It was fun to help teach my friends kids the value of a good sword or a purple potion.
I've never been much of a dungeon master, so I've always preferred to let others lead our games.
We always have a good time over a pizza or some subs.
This video reminded me of all those good times. I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment